Part A: Insured Patients
- You agree to pay for care, treatment, diagnosis, services and goods provided by us.
- Whilst you will remain responsible for the payment of your Care, where you have private medical
- We will, where possible, process the insurance claim for your Care with your insurer, provided you
have given us and your insurer all the information we and your insurer need to do so. If this
information is incomplete or inaccurate, we may not be able to process your claim and we will
invoice you direct;
- Where we process your insurance claim and your insurer pays us direct, the rate agreed between
Chartwell Private Hospital & Diagnostics Limited and your insurer will apply to your Care. You
will remain responsible for the balance of your account not paid by your insurer.
- Where your insurer fails to settle our invoices (or any part of them) within 30 days of the date
of issue we will assume that the outstanding amount will not be paid by your insurer and we will
invoice you direct. We reserve the right to debit the relevant balance in accordance with paragraph
- It is your responsibility to confirm with your insurer in advance that your Care is covered by your
insurance policy and Chartwell Private Hospital & Diagnostics Limited will not obtain any such
confirmation on your behalf.
- Please note that some insurers use care guidelines that may not match the professional medical opinion
of the Consultants, nursing staff and other medical professionals providing your Care. In some cases
this can mean that your insurer may not pay for certain parts of the Care you receive, and you will be
required to pay for that part of your Care.
- If you pay for your treatment and subsequently seek reimbursement from your insurer, and if no other
rate has been expressly agreed between you and Chartwell Private Hospital & Diagnostics Limited, the
Chartwell Private Hospital & Diagnostics Limited Standard Rates will apply to your Care.
- If no rate has been agreed between Chartwell Private Hospital & Diagnostics Limited and your
insurer in respect of your Care, the Chartwell Private Hospital & Diagnostics Limited Standard Rates
will apply to your Care.
- Where we invoice you for your Care or an element of it you agree to pay us the amount invoiced within
7 days without deduction or set-off.
Part B – Self-Pay: Fixed Price
(This section will apply if you are paying for your own Care and your Letter states that we have offered
you a fixed price.)
- You have been sent a Letter that will confirm what treatment or procedures are being carried out at
the Hospital, how much you will pay for that Care and how you pay. Please ensure you read this letter
carefully as this is a part of your contract with Chartwell Private Hospital & Diagnostics Limited.
What is included in the Fixed Price?
9. The Care related to your treatment or procedure as set out in your letter, is included in the Fixed
Price. This includes:
A. all Consultants’ fees while you are in Hospital (unless your Letter says otherwise);
B. your nursing care;
C. tests, treatments, drugs and dressings you may need during your treatment or procedure;
D. essential medical or surgical equipment;
E. take home drugs for 48 hours after discharge (If required);
What happens if I decide not to go ahead?
10. If you decide not to go ahead with your treatment or procedure, you will need to pay for the Care that
you have received up until the point of cancellation. This will be charged at Chartwell Private Hospital
& Diagnostics Limited Standard Rates. We reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee in accordance
with paragraph 24.
- If you have already paid for your treatment or procedure, we will refund your payment, less any amount
that you owe to the Hospital and/or the Consultant. Please note that we will pay any refund only to the
cardholder or person who made the original payment.
- Note that if your Consultant cancels your treatment or procedure because they consider it is not in
your best interests for medical reasons, and you have already paid for your Treatment Package, we will
refund your payment less the costs of Care that you have received up until the point of cancellation.
This will be charged at Chartwell Private Hospital & Diagnostics Limited Standard Rates.
What happens if I suffer complications?
13. While the Hospital and your Consultants will do their best to ensure a satisfactory outcome, no
clinical procedure is entirely risk-free and the results of any particular treatment or Procedure cannot
be guaranteed with complete certainty.
- The Fixed Price includes the cost of treating any complications at Chartwell Private Hospital &
Diagnostics Limited where those complications arise directly out of the treatment or procedure you
receive and are identified within 30 days of your discharge from Hospital, provided that you have
followed the advice of your Consultants and any other medical professionals involved in your Care
following the procedure. This treatment includes any consultations, out-patient, day-care and in-patient
treatment which your Consultant says you need and which the Hospital agrees to provide. If we are unable
to re-admit you to the Chartwell Private Hospital & Diagnostics Limited we will make the most
appropriate alternative arrangements at another Hospital at no additional cost to you.
What happens if I decide to stay in hospital longer?
15. If, with the agreement of the Hospital, you decide to stay in Hospital beyond the time length your
Consultant considers it is appropriate for you to be discharged, or if you require further Care that is
not covered by your Treatment Package, you will be charged at Chartwell Private Hospital & Diagnostics
Limited Standard Rates.
Part C – Self-Pay: Other
16. This section will apply if you are paying for your own Care other than as part of a Treatment Package
of fixed price. If you have been referred to a Consultant at the Hospital or to the Hospital for
treatment, procedure or other Care, you will pay Chartwell Private Hospital & Diagnostics Limited
Standard Rates. As noted in paragraph 23 below, unless otherwise indicated, your Consultant will invoice
you separately for the treatment he or she provides you.
- On your request, the Hospital will give you an estimate of costs for your Care. Please note that it is
not always possible to give an exact estimate for the Care you receive at the Hospital and the total
cost may depend on a number of factors, including any other conditions you may have.
- You are responsible for the payment of all Care you receive at the Hospital, including any Sundry
- You will need to pay for your Care prior to or on the day you attend the Hospital.
- If your Consultants’ fees are not included in your invoice, you will need to settle these directly
with your Consultant.
Part D – NHS Patients
This section will apply to you if you are an NHS Patient and Chartwell Private Hospital & Diagnostics
Limited is treating you on behalf of the NHS
- The costs of your Care and all Consultant fees are paid by the NHS.
Part E – Other Terms and Conditions: Private Patients
This section applies to all Private Patients. Consultants (Your attention is particularly drawn to this
- In these Terms, all consultants, involved in your Care (including those doing so on behalf of a
company or partnership) will be referred to as “Consultants”.
A. While at the Hospital, you will be under the care of the Consultant you have been referred to, who
may also involve other Consultants in your Care if appropriate. Chartwell Private Hospital &
Diagnostics Limited staff, including nurses, will provide your Care under your Consultant’s
- Consultants involved in your care are independent practitioners and are not employees of Chartwell
Private Hospital & Diagnostics Limited. Accordingly, Chartwell Private Hospital & Diagnostics
Limited will not be liable for any act or omission of a Consultant (or the company or partnership that
employs or engages the Consultants).
- Except where Chartwell Private Hospital & Diagnostics Limited expressly agrees to collect the
Consultant’s charges as agent on behalf of the Consultant, Chartwell Private Hospital & Diagnostics
Limited does not usually charge for the Consultant’s fees which will be charged separately to you.
- Cancellations: We reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee if you cancel any appointment with
Chartwell Private Hospital & Diagnostics Limited within 7 days of your scheduled appointment or
- Credit/Debit Card: You are responsible for settling the cost of your Care before you arrive at the
Hospital. We will ask you for your credit or debit card details when you come into the Hospital or when
you make your appointment. If you have not paid before you leave the Hospital, you agree that we can
debit the outstanding balance from your card upon 7 days of notice to you.
Part F – Other Terms and Conditions: All Patients
This section applies to all Patients
- Your Contract with Chartwell Private Hospital & Diagnostics Limited: These Terms, along with the
Registration Form and, if applicable, the letter we have sent you regarding your treatment or procedure
form your contract with Chartwell Private Hospital & Diagnostics Limited for your treatment or
procedure at the Hospital (“Contract”) and by signing the Registration Form you agree to be bound by
their terms. If there is any conflict between these Terms and the Letter, these Terms will take
precedence. If there is any conflict between the Contract and any marketing material, the Contract will
take precedence. Chartwell Private Hospital & Diagnostics Limited may amend these Terms from time to
- Chartwell Private Hospital & Diagnostics Limited Standard Rates: Unless the Terms or your Letter
(if applicable) provide otherwise, the Chartwell Private Hospital & Diagnostics Limited Standard
Rates will apply to your Care
- Notices and your contact details: You must keep us updated of any changes in your contact details, as
Chartwell Private Hospital & Diagnostics Limited will correspond with you at your last known contact
details. We will regard notices as served on you on the third working day after we post a letter to you,
or on completion of a fax transmission or email.
28. Your property: Hospitals can be busy environments. While we will take all care to ensure the safety
of your belongings, Chartwell Private Hospital & Diagnostics Limited does not accept any
responsibility for the theft or loss of, or damage to, any of your property.
- Minors: Where a person signs a Registration Form as a parent or guardian on behalf of a child under
the age of 18 who is under their care, they agree that they will be bound by these Terms, even if that
child breaches, or is not bound by, any part of these Terms.
- Severability: In the event that any (or any part) of these terms and conditions is declared invalid,
unlawful or unenforceable such terms or conditions (or parts of terms or conditions) shall be severed.
The remaining terms and conditions (and parts of terms and conditions) shall continue to be valid and
enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Changes in Applicable Law: You acknowledge and accept that Applicable Law may change and thereby
prevent Chartwell Private Hospital & Diagnostics Limited from providing certain Care. If such a
change occurs and the change has an effect on your Care, then Chartwell Private Hospital &
Diagnostics Limited shall contact you to inform you of the change and the consequences of the change.
- Assignment of Agreement: Subject to any restrictions or requirements imposed by
- Applicable Law, Chartwell Private Hospital & Diagnostics Limited may transfer and assign this
Agreement to any person who acquires all or substantially all of the assets of Chartwell Private
Hospital & Diagnostics Limited or to any other member of the Chartwell Group.
- Third Party Rights: A person who is not a party to this Contract shall not have any rights under or in
connection with it.
- English Law: These Terms are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English Law and the
English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.