TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We believe in the importance of our patients taking control of their health and want to make it easier for patients who are looking to investigate health concerns or are seeking reassurance. On this basis, we are giving our patients the ability to Self-refer at our MRI Plus Clinics.
Please read through and agree to the following information prior to proceeding with a Self-referral booking.
- Scans will only be offered to all patients aged 18 and above, or 16 and above with parent/guardian consent and presence.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) is extremely safe and does not involve any radiation exposure. However, you are required to complete a safety questionnaire at the time of booking. Please note that this may exclude you from proceeding with the scan or delay the scan, depending on the information you provide.
- You will be required to complete a Self-referral form, clearly providing the reasons for requesting an MRI scan, whether it is for a medical complaint or reassurance, we would request that you provide as much information as possible.
- If a comparison scan is required, please ensure you provide us with your previous MRI report and MRI images or details of where this can be obtained. Failure to do so may result in a delay on the completion of your report. Please note that we are unable to offer a comparative report on any other type of diagnostic imaging such a CT Scan, X-Ray or Ultrasound.
- You must be registered with a GP, or other responsible medical practitioner (e.g. for overseas patients), to whom we will send a copy of your report.
- As a diagnostic imaging clinic, it is a requirement for us to be able to communicate results to a doctor, already involved in your care, so that they may discuss the report and make recommendations about future care. Therefore, we cannot perform any diagnostic imaging scan if you cannot, or do not wish to provide the name and contact information of your registered doctor.
- Scans will only be performed on the areas which we routinely scan. The Self-referral form will be assessed and protocolled, and you will be advised if we are unable to proceed with the requested examination.
- Self-referrals will not be accepted for contrast enhanced scans. If contrast is required, a referral form must be obtained from your registered GP or a specialist.
- Self-referrals will not be accepted if you are engaged in professional sports or for anything connected with a professional sports club, of which you are a member.
- Self-referrals will not be accepted for monitoring of known malignant disease.
- You should be aware that MRI scans may identify unexpected abnormalities, which may or may not require further investigation. In this instance, the findings will be highlighted on the report and any recommendations from the reporting radiologist must be followed up with your GP or specialist.
- You should understand that the imaging report may contain medical terminology that may be confusing or possibly upsetting, but neither the reporting radiologist or any staff within the MRI clinic are able to discuss the findings of the scan directly with any patient. All enquiries and/or recommendations must be explored with your GP or specialist.
- Your GP will have the ability to contact the reporting radiologist for further information regarding your report.
- You are welcome to bring a friend or relative with you, who may accompany you during your scan, subject to safety checks. Please note that you cannot be accompanied by any persons under the age of 16.
- You must provide all your contact details, so that we may contact you, and you will be required to confirm your appointment 48 hours prior to your appointment.
- After your scan, you will only receive a CD containing your magnetic resonance images if this is included in your package or you have paid the additional charge. Any additional copies of the CD will be chargeable at the standard rate.
- After your scan, the radiology report will be sent to your GP or Specialist within the timescale stated on your selected MRI package. We are unable to release the radiology report directly to any patient. You will need to be arrange a follow-up appointment with your GP or Specialist to obtain a copy of your report and discuss your results.
- Neither the NHS nor any private medical insurance providers will fund the costs of a Self-referred MRI scan. As such, all Self-referrals are accepted on a Self-pay basis only.
- You accept that you are solely responsible for choosing the area(s) you wish to have scanned and that you are not replying on any input, clinical or otherwise, from the MRI Plus clinic.
- If you are unable to attend your appointment, you must reschedule or cancel 48 hours before the scheduled appointment. Any appointments cancelled within 48 hours of the scheduled time will be non-refundable and the appointment cannot be rescheduled. If the appointment is booked within 48 hours of the scheduled appointment time, the service cost will be non-refundable and the appointment cannot be rescheduled.
- MRI Plus Clinics reserve the right to refuse your Self-referral form.
If you are happy to proceed, you can complete your self-referral form using our online booking form and a member of our bookings team will call to arrange a suitable time and date.